Wednesday, May 31, 2023

What I'd watched recently

These are the movies/films/content that I'd consumed in the last few weeks.

Ant-Man 3 Quantumania (2023)

OK, I admit I'm biased as I love Paul Rudd, and Kang as a character. So despite it being panned, I'm going to watch it again sometime in the future.

65 (2023)

 This started off strong but somehow ended up as meh. However, I have to say that the cinematography is visually stunning.

Gerald's Game (2017)

 This was a total disappointment despite a very interesting premise.

A Simple Favor (2018) 

 This movie pleasantly surprised me. I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. In fact, I'd want to watch this again.

Avatar 2: The Way of Water (2023)
OK, we'd waited 13-14 years for this and it's finally here. Sure, it looks great, the world-building is really fleshed-out + thorough and detailed and the CGI is top-notch. But for me, it doesn't cause the sense of wonder and amazement of the 1st movie. It's lost its magic. Still, it is a very good movie.

Black Adam (2022)
Despite being a huge fan of Black Adam, The Rock and the JSA, especially Hawkman and Dr Fate, somehow, this film didn't really hit the spot for me. I was really rooting for its success. Anyhow, as I'd said, being a fan, I'd most likely watch it again sometime in the future.

Shazam 2: Fury of the Gods (2023)
 Almost similar to Black Adam, I'm also a huge Shazam fan. I loved the 1st movie but again, this sequel didn't really hit the spot for me. If I could sum it up, my biggest gripe would be the 3 villains.

Andor (2023)
 Yes, I'm a Star Wars fan. Of course I was going to watch Andor. However, the first 5 episodes made me feel like I wasn't watching Star Wars as this series looked and felt significantly different from other Star Wars material. But if you can make it beyond Episode 5, you'd get a massive payoff.




No comments: