Friday, January 27, 2017

Movie Review - 22 Jump Street

As the new year comes around, I've decided to modify the format of my movie reviews to make them shorter & easier to read. Hope you like it =)
Movie: 22 Jump Street
Year: 2014
Genre: Action, Comedy, Crime
 What it was about (in > 50 words)
It's the SAME 2 losers - Schmidt (Jonah Hill) & Jenko (Channing Tatum) from 21 Jump Street who got lucky and managed to solve a high school narcotics case.
They are now going to do the SAME THING, except that it is now in a college.
Frat parties, jocks, college hijinks (drugs, alchohol and girls) ensue.

Anything special/memorable? 
Nothing - EXCEPT right at the end when Capt Dickson (Ice Cube) gives them their
future assignments in quick flash banners. They made me pay attention and gave me a chuckle.

OK I admit that the character Maya (played by Amber Stevens West) was very pretty and was about the only good thing about the movie besides Channing Tatum. I just hope that being in this movie didn't kill her acting career.
  
 
 
Waste/worth the time? 
No. It's a total waste of time. It's more of the same unfunny antics from 21 Jump Street.
Will I watch it again?
No. Not ever. Not even if it's playing on free TV.

No comments: