Friday, January 27, 2017

Movie Review - Shelley

As the new year comes around, I've decided to modify the format of my movie reviews to make them shorter & easier to read. Hope you like it =)
Movie: Shelley
Year: 2016
Genre: Drama, Horror
 
What it was about (in > 50 words)
Rich childless Danish couple (Louise & Kasper) arranges for their Romanian maid (Elena) to bear a surrogate child for them in their creepy isolated forest holiday villa BUT the baby (and what she is) is NOT what everyone expects (OR GETS! Who's "Shelley"??? Was it the wolf or the chicken? But then, this is a Horror movie so...)

Anything special/memorable?
The whole pacing and atmosphere (grey and bland colors ) of the movie made it a little difficult to watch as it was pretty gloomy and depressing.

I have not seen either one of the female leads before:
The Employer Mum Louise - played by Ellen Dorrit Petersen
The Maid Elena - played by Cosmina Stratan
I didn't expect the explicit sex scenes!

Waste/worth the time?
Er, not really. Those who know me know that I'm not a fan of the Horror genre because I scare easy. Having said that, I must say that EVEN a scaredy cat like me didn't get any scares from this movie. Of course, my having not paid full attention might have been a factor - but then, the movie was slooowwww.

Will I watch it again?
NO - not even in the distant future.

No comments: