Saturday, April 25, 2020

My Artwork

Continuing with posting some of the old artwork I found recently (thanks to the COVID-19 Lock-down). Here are a few more.

Here is a piece I did using my own characters.
 Here is another piece I did using my own characters. It was submitted to an Art Contest held by the Star Newspaper. The final completed piece I submitted was in full color (I used color pencils). Sadly, my original work was never returned to me despite having won 2nd prize (which was a Marvel Art Portfolio by Fastner & Larson).
Here are 2 pieces that I did in the style of Bill Sienkiewicz (whose style I really loved but was unable to emulate. I loved his work on Moon Knight and New Mutants at the time.)

After the massive failure of the New Universe Line, in the 90's, Marvel tried to launch another line called the Shadow Line. This was the main character - Dr Zero.

 
Of course, ol' Gamma Green Skin needs no introduction.
I also loved drawing Sasquatch (of Alpha Flight),...

...and Iron Fist.
This She Hulk piece I did was enlarged to A3 size and I colored it using my color pencils. I used it as a poster in my bedroom.
There was a phase when I was drawing real world stuff like the owl (which was a copy from a picture of a beautiful statue), among others. As you can see from the color of the paper, it was a lot more recent than the Super Hero stuff.
Here are a couple more of my own characters. And finally, 2 of my favorite characters - ROM, Space-knight and Moon Knight.

You can find more of my artwork in my Instagram account. https://www.instagram.com/jmloke/

No comments: